Friday 2 July 2010

Slumming it

I'm not feeling too good today - I've barely slept all week and it's caught up with me. As a result, I've spent the day in my (admittedly quite glam) PJs and only got dressed to visit my chiropractor.

Since I was off work, I had time today to do some more work on my 40s house dress. I just need to put the sleeves in and then hems and facing. I might even be able to wear it this weekend!


Here's my not-very-vintage-but-I'm-feeling-yucky outfit for today. I was going for a 50s casual look. Not saure if I got there but it'll do! My trousers are Marks and Spencer, from their 'Roma' fit range. They're cut to be more generous in the hip and slimmer in the waist, which means they're very flattering to curves! The cardi is a charity shop job and ancient.



Next to me is my favourite piece of furniture, my hallstand. It's seen better days, but I think it has character and it was free! An old lady a few streets away was throwing it away and said I could have it. I love free things!
I also threw on a fun union flag scarf I found recently in a pound shop. Saved me having to do my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment