Monday 4 October 2010

Only 4 days to the weekend....

So, it's Monday again, and somehow I wish I were still ill so that I didn't have to go back to school. I mean work. It certainly feels like school at the moment; tiring, pointless and painful.
However, I put my best foot forwards this morning and got out my newly de-stained jersey dress (it's been sat in my mending pile for about 2 years), put on my make up and made it in to the office barely after 10! Go me.

Dress is a very old Monsoon purchase
Cardigan - Topshop
Lacey tights - Marks and Spencer
Shoes - Clarks (and featured on Fleur de Guerre's blog today!)
Scarf - vintage
Squint - 9.15am bleugh

As a reward I had crumpets when I got in. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. My toaster looks far cleaner here than in real life!
As Fleur has posted about her vintage inspired (V.I.) spots, I thought I'd join in. She mentioned both Clarks and Zara, which are two of my favourite shops (along with Marks and Spencer, in case you hadn't noticed). I have a list of shoes I want from Clarks as long as my arm.




I may have to pay a shop a visit in the near future...
I've also spotted these beauties in Hush Puppies

Don't they make you go 'oooooooooooooooohhhhhh'?! I reckon I could wear these with just about anything. Skirts, dresses, trousers, jeans, nighties... They're going on the Christmas list though :(
I also spotted a couple of nice bits over at Zara while I was browser window-shopping.

Barring the belts (it's a bit too much hobo-chic for my tastes - fine if you're 16 and skinny, not if you're me.) the tops are really very nice. There's a definate 40s vibe on the high street this autumn and if you can sift through the 80s revival and the thigh skimming tea dresses, there are some really nice shapes and fabrics around.
I think it could be a long and costly shopping trip!

For the observant amongst you, while I've been looking at shiney things, I've failed in a spectacular fashion to do any more sewing at all. Oooops. I did assemble some Ikea shelves for my TV and DVD collection though!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, shoes as art. I certainly don't have any shoes I keep, despite not fitting me, just because they look lovely. Oh no...

    ReplyDelete