Sunday 7 November 2010

It's finished!

I finally got my arse in gear yesterday and finished my simplicity 3688 skirt!
I've posted a review of the pattern on Sewing Pattern Review and there are more pictures on Flickr.
I actually wore this skirt out last night and it fits like a dream, I'm really pleased with it.
I like how the lace trim has turned out and the length is just right.
I don't think there's much else to say that I haven't said in my review. I've decided to use the blue wool I bought on Friday to make another skirt using this pattern, although I will probably be adding pockets and something more decorative to make it a bit different. Hopefully I'll get this one finished quicker than the last one...


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it! Can't wait to see it in the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh you clever bean! Looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's lovely! It looks much nicer than the pattern envelope suggests. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great and I particularly love the lace...it gives it a naughty/sultry twist that only you know about!

    I've never made a vintage (or any kind for that matter) skirt, but I'm inspired to do so now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really nice skirt. The blue one should look ace too – you can't have too many classics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fab, well done you.

    I love the cat taking no interest whatsoever and heading off upstairs in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous, you talented girl, you! It motivates me to brush up on my sewing skills and create something too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, well done! It just feels so great to finish a project, doesn't it?
    I love the A-line drape, very becoming. Can def see it in blue wool...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That skirt is lovely! You are right to be very pleased with yourself lady! It is just the skirt I've been looking for, might have to get hold of this pattern for myself. xx

    ReplyDelete