Sunday 10 July 2011

Old fashioned fun

After moaning about how boring life has been in my last post, I've managed to make it out of the house twice for fun in the last week!
After work on Wednesday I went out with some of my work team and went bowling at The Lanes in Bristol.
It's a fun 50s themed bowling alley with a bar and cafe and I had a great time trying the locally brewed light ale and winning the bowling with a stunning score of 95 - more luck than judgement sadly!
My work mates had demanded I dress in 50s style, so I obliged with a petticoat and white socks to go with my glam bowling shoes!
The Lanes is also where my friend Jamie has her great little vintage shop - Gimme Shelter - and, well, naturally I had to take a look while I was there. This clutch bag was the result!
I think it's probably 70s or 80s, but it has that timeless look which carries it easily into the early 20th Century. The suede is beautifully soft and in really good condition, and the opening action is still fresh. Best of all, it's massive for a clutch and so I can fit things like my camera, purse, makeup and keys inside without over stuffing it!

On Tursday I had the day off and Tom and I went to Tyntesfield for lunch and a wander round the house. Sadly, the house is shut on a Thursday and so all we managed was a wander round the gift shop, but we did manage to get a Cream Tea in the new cafe and snap some photos between rain showers!
I wore my Heyday tweed trousers with a charity shop blouse and an elderly TopShop cardi. The shoes are new from Clarks and are really comfy - they were on sale too (still are - 50% off)! I also too my new bag - it matched the shoes perfectly!
The Cream Tea was lovely, and the hot food for lunch they were putting out as we left looked amazing, I'm absolutely going to return for a full lunch soon!

8 comments:

  1. Excellent bowling outfit! Excellent other outfit too, love the trousers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fab bowling place. I would love a visit to Bristol, although I live near Exeter, I have never made it. I'm compliling a list of things to do, this is one of them. Your trousers look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, if only I hadn't just spent fifty quid in New Look's sale I'd be snapping myself up a pair of those shoes, they look great on you! And yay for bowling! I suck at bowling but love to play. Looks like you had a great time and both outfits are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been bowling, but it looks great fun, fab outfits too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bowling. Being a trouser girl, I adore your skirt look but just LOVE that trouser look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some v similar trousers I found in charity shop, but mine are by Betty Jackson. Love the outfit and the clutch is gorgeous - enormous is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hubby is a lucky guy :-) You are very beautiful and luscious.

    ReplyDelete